Sunday, December 19, 2010

Student Teaching




 Student Teaching was swell. I loved my mentor teacher and I already miss her dearly. I am grateful to her and all she's done for me. We worked great as a team. I am proud to call her my friend. I have learned more about being a teacher from her than I did in my 4 1/2 years of college. Thank you Mrs. Nicholson!
 I am confident that Middle School is the age level that I'm meant to be. At least for now. I also have to admit that I LOVE sixth grade. Everyday was a learning experience. Always discovering something I hadn't known before. Learning what works in the classroom and what doesn't. Experimenting ideas and frequently making mistakes that I learned from. Making lesson plans and trying them out on my students. Then tweaking them to make them better. Everything has room for growth and we are all constantly learning everyday. If I'm not learning...then I'm not doing my job. Teaching is something you have to do to learn to become better. It's like when someone wants to learn to swim. You can take classes on swimming and act out the motions outside of the water. But until you get into the water yourself, you can not know how to swim. Just like teaching. You can take classes on becoming a teacher and practice with others, but until you do it yourself (and jump in the water) you can not learn all you need to know. I feel confident in what I've learned and experience to go be the teacher I know I can be.



No comments:

Post a Comment